The Frankford Avenue Connector advances DRWC’s mission to connect Philadelphia’s riverfront communities to the Delaware River.
Through a series of thoughtful design interventions along Frankford Avenue, DRWC and our designers at PORT Urbanism hope to better link the Fishtown neighborhood with the Waterfront through these installations:
- Wayfinding, lighting, and public art in the form of a large sculptural intervention in the I-95 underpass
- A parklet system along the northern stretch of Frankford Avenue
In the future, there is also a possibility of additional design features such as:
- A pedestrian plaza near the southern terminus of Frankford Avenue near Laurel Street
- A small plaza along the Rivers Casino entryway off of Delaware Avenue
- An enhanced lawn with seating and planting between the Rivers Casino building and its valet parking area
Please continue to check this page, follow us on social media or sign up for our newsletter for updates on construction and phasing.
The Project's Progress
Estimated Completion Date: 2022