The Delaware River Waterfront has thrived over the past years thanks to the involvement and support from the Philadelphia community and regional visitors. What was as an underutilized portion of Philadelphia only a few years ago...
Spring Garden Connector Project
- As part of the Master Plan for the Central Delaware to guide development on the riverfront, DRWC identified necessary improvements to primary and secondary connector streets under I-95 reaching Columbus Boulevard.
- This initiative includes streetscaping, new sidewalks, and public art installation to provide safe and welcoming access to the Waterfront and also serves as a catalyst for private development.
- New sidewalks, decorative pavers, and street trees from 2nd Street to Columbus Boulevard
- Pre-programmed LED lighting designed around the cycle of the sun as it rises and sets each day
- Specially-themed lighting programs around holidays, such as Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, and Fourth of July
- Custom designed and fabricated metal panels that comprise the station portal screens, corner pieces, and hanging fixtures
- A new traffic signal at Front Street and Spring Garden
- ADA ramp access
- Curb bump outs for safer pedestrian access
Wondering what's up with the construction on Spring Garden Street by the Waterfront? We've got your answer: The Delaware River Waterfront Corp (DRWC) has started construction on the Spring Garden Street Connector Project. Right...
On May 29, DRWC held the first public meeting for the Spring Garden Connector project, which will address both streetscape improvements along Spring Garden Street from 2nd Street to Delaware Avenue, as well as artistic lighting...
The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation (DRWC) is hosting a meeting on Wednesday, May 29th at 6:30pm at Festival Pier to gather public input for the design of its next connector street project, at Spring Garden Street. DRWC’s...