DRWC is seeking proposals from restaurateurs or restaurant groups to lease space and operate a high-quality food and/or alcoholic beverage operation within the Cherry Street Pier outdoor Garden area.
The dining experience should reflect the vision and values of the Pier:
- Provide a destination anchor food and/or alcoholic beverage service in the outdoor garden area on a year-round basis to serve members of the public visiting Cherry Street Pier. Other areas of the pier will be considered for food and/or alcoholic beverage service depending on programming inside and or around Cherry Street Pier.
- Provide a vibrant and collaborative home for Philadelphia’s artists and entrepreneurs.
- Serve as a model for community partners and public space providers.
- Provide food and/or alcoholic beverage service at the Cherry Street Pier between March 2023 and February 2024.
- Provide service to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the City, park patrons, and the neighboring community;
- Minimize wait times for both food and/or alcoholic beverage.
- Maximize patron experience through high-quality and uniquely featured menu items, quality of service, and an attractive ambiance;
- Provide professional service at reasonable, market prices.
- Assess, install, and provide ongoing maintenance and equipment, such as necessary furnishings and equipment, to create an attractive and inviting Concession;
- Establish and increase a strong customer base at the restaurant through the use of marketing and advertising tools and outreach to the City and community;
- Work with the DRWC to develop the appropriate concessions for Cherry Street Pier for all seasons as well as special venue events.
- Implement, maintain, and enforce all safety rules and regulations related to this
- Concession and COVID-19 guidelines.
Request Released on February 7, 2023
Submit questions to email@example.com by February 22, 2023
Proposals are due by March 1, 2023, 5 pm, ETS.
Company Selected mid/late March 2023
Concession program to commence on March 2023/April 2023
Proposals should be sent to Jackie Lai, Director of Parks and Attractions, Delaware River Waterfront Corporation by March 1, 2023, by 5 pm, EST. Large files can be sent via Dropbox to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review the full RFP below.