Request for Proposals: Programming at Spruce Street Harbor Park Sustained by Univest
The Delaware River Waterfront Corp (DRWC) is requesting proposals for programming during Memorial Day Weekend (May 24 - 26, 2019) at Spruce Street Harbor Park Sustained by Univest (SSHP). DRWC is looking to work with an organization or individual to plan out programming for the weekend throughout the park with ambient artistic activities as well as performing arts, including music, dance, etc. Past programming has included circus arts, flower crown making, face painting,balloon twisting, and more. DRWC is open to having these types of activities return, but is committed to thoughtfully incorporating more of Philadelphia’s arts community in programming this public space. The curator will be responsible for proposing, scheduling, and booking talent and being on-site during the active period. DRWC is particularly interested in themed activities.
The proposal should include:
- A brief bio or description (250 words or less) of the organization/individual
- Description of programming concept
- Potential artistic partners (dance, music, fine arts, theater, etc.)
- Potential production needs (the fewer needs the better - note that DRWC will cover the cost of stage crew)
- Marketing reach of the individual or organization (including number of subscribers to e-newsletter lists, social media followers, etc.
Timeframe (note that hours are flexible):
- Friday, May 24th: 5-10pm
- Saturday, May 25th: 12 - 8PM
- Sunday, May 26th: 1-5PM
- DRWC is a nonprofit with a mission to design, develop, program and maintain public amenities along the central Delaware River Waterfront. We aim to transform the waterfront into a vibrant destination for recreational, cultural, and commercial activities for the residents and visitors of Philadelphia
- Programming staff will work with chosen individual/organization to finalize schedule.
- Programming staff will provide agreement templates
- Event and park staff will be on-site day-of for support
- Marketing and communications team will provide graphics and language for promotion
- DRWC will be the primary contact for all marketing and media promotion
- SSHP has an area designated as a stage, but we will not build a full stage
- Dancers should note that the pavement can be irregular in some areas
- SSHP sees a variety of visitors to the park. Programming should be age appropriate and take into consideration the diversity of attendees.
- The programming individual/organization may bring in sponsors, though they will have to be approved by DRWC prior to event promotion/marketing.
- There will also be an activation run by DRWC taking place on-site.
- All marketing materials and promotions will need to refer to the park by its full name: Spruce Street Harbor Park Sustained by Univest (this can also be done using out logo). DRWC must approve final marketing materials before distribution.
- This includes organizers’ fee, all talent fees, and supplemental marketing
- April 8th: Proposals due EOD
- April 15th: Proposal selected
Location: Spruce Street Harbor Park Sustained by Univest, 301 S. Columbus Blvd
Submission: Please send proposals to Nyla Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, April 8th at 5pm. For larger files, please use a file sharing program like Dropbox or WeTransfer. Questions about the RFP can be directed to email@example.com.
Spruce Street Harbor Park Programming RFP