Cherry Street Pier Food Vendor RFP
The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation (DRWC) is the nonprofit leading the development and programming of the six-mile Central Delaware River Waterfront, with parks like Spruce Street Harbor Park and Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest and Summerfest. We are an innovative organization redefining how cities use public space both in Philadelphia and nationally. Our latest effort is the forthcoming Cherry Street Pier, a multi-functional public and artistic community space that will be a resource for creativity, civic engagement, and community building. For more project information go to Cherry Street Pier.
DRWC is seeking proposals from restaurateurs, restaurant groups, artisan food vendors or individuals to lease space and operate a high quality food and non-alcoholic beverage operation within Cherry Street Pier. The dining experience should reflect the vision and values of the new Pier:
- Provide a vibrant and collaborative home for Philadelphia’s artists and entrepreneurs
- Facilitate civic engagement and community building
- Act as a universally accessible public space
- Serve as a model for community partners and public space providers
Therefore, RFP submissions should reflect how the vendor will:
- Provide a concept with a distinctive experience that will cater to local residents and visitors
- Draw new and diverse audiences to the Delaware River Waterfront. Foster collaboration with artists, local food vendors, local spirits and breweries to create unique food offerings.
- Participate in and help to create events that are indicative of the local Philadelphia art scene and culinary arts.