Join the Spruce Street Harbor Park team!
We are currently seeking a shift supervisor (seasonal/part-time) to join the Spruce Street Harbor Park team, Philadelphia's premier outdoor beer garden and Waterfront oasis with hammocks and local Philly fare. The position must be filled by an individual with excellent customer service skills. Day-to-day operations include but are not limited to, problem-solving, guest relations, cooperation, and integration with corporate management and other departments. Preferred Majors: Business Administration, Management, Operations, Hospitality Management, Tourism, and Travel Services Management.
DRWC is an inclusionary organization that values and promotes diversity in all aspects of its operations. The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, gender, religion, handicap, or sexual orientation.
Areas of Responsibility
- The Shift Supervisor supports and reports to the Director of Parks & Attractions.
- Gain a basic knowledge of DRWC Park & Attractions’ sites and programs offered
- Monitor all programming during shift and assist when the interaction is required
- Possess the knowledge of all rink positions and the ability to fill in as required.
- Courteously respond to customer inquiries and questions in person and via telephone.
- Seek answers to inquiries and respond back in a timely fashion
- Remain visible to all personnel during their shift
- Provide and enforce DRWC policies throughout the site.
- Complete financial procedures including reconciling petty cash and daily bank deposits
- Follow the rink’s opening and closing standard operating procedures
- Set up, tear down, and operate the arcade, games, and activities throughout the park
- Ensure the vendor and back-of-house safety protocols are complete
- Instruct announcements to be made throughout the site (closure times, safety messages, etc.)
- Perform upkeep duties when directed to ensure the site is clean and presentable to all visitors
- Oversee the general cleanliness and presentation of the site
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prolonged periods of walking throughout the assigned area, sometimes over uneven terrain.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to work in all types of weather
- Weeknight and weekend availability is required, particularly during special events
Fill out the application below to be considered for this position.