Join the Independence Blue Cross RiverRink team!
We are currently seeking a shift supervisor (seasonal/part-time) to join the Independence Blue Cross RiverRink team, Philadelphia's premier outdoor skating rink and seasonal attraction. The position must be filled by an individual with excellent customer service skills. Day-to-day operations include but are not limited to, problem-solving, guest relations, cooperation, and integration with corporate management and other departments. Preferred Majors: Business Administration, Management, Operations, Hospitality Management, Tourism, and Travel Services Management.
Areas of Responsibility
- The Shift Supervisor supports and reports to the Director of Parks and Attractions.
- Gain a basic knowledge of DRWC parks, attractions, and programs offered
- Monitor all programming during shift and assist when the interaction is required
- Possess the knowledge of all rink positions and the ability to fill in as required.
- Courteously respond to customer inquiries and questions in person and via telephone.
- Seek answers to inquiries and respond back in a timely fashion
- Remain visible to all personnel during their shift
- Provide and enforce DRWC policies throughout the site
- Complete financial procedures including reconciling petty cash and daily bank deposits.
- Follow the rink’s opening and closing standard operating procedures
- Set up, tear down, and operate the arcade, games, and activities throughout the park
- Ensure the vendor and back-of-house safety protocols are complete
- Instruct announcements to be made throughout the site (closure times, safety messages, etc.)
- Perform upkeep duties when directed to ensure the site is clean and presentable to all visitors
- Oversee the general cleanliness and presentation of the site
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prolonged periods of walking throughout the assigned area, sometimes over uneven terrain.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to work in all types of weather
- Weeknight and weekend availability is required, particularly during special events
Fill out the application below to be considered for this position.