Housekeeping & Facility Maintenance
Delaware River Waterfront Corporation is seeking qualified staff to join our organization. Seasonal opportunities are provided periodically, which may lead to full-time employment. Interested applicants are welcome to apply.
- Empty wastebaskets daily from offices, change house & kitchen/breakroom areas.
- Ensure public eating areas are free from trash & waste.
- Transport trash and waste to designated disposal areas.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Clean windows, glass partitions and mirrors, using appropriate cleaners, sponges and squeegees.
- Service, clean and supply restrooms.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Other miscellaneous office/change room cleaning functions as required.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Assist Operations Staff with maintenance work when needed.
- Keep inventory of cleaning supplies and paper goods.
- Run errands between company locations.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods.
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Possible supervised exposure to chemicals requiring special clothing or safety equipment.
- Ability to use motorized equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend safety material and facility required documents.
- A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment and a drug screen are required.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable and punctual.
Education Level: GED
Experience: Entry level
Shift: Seasonal 40 hours + overtime as needed.
DRWC is an inclusionary organization that values and promotes diversity in all aspects of its operations. The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, gender, religion, handicap, or sexual orientation.