Join the housekeeping and facility maintenance team!
We're seeking housekeeping and facility maintenance staff to join our dedicated site operations team. An important part of the DRWC community and brand ambassadors, our housekeeping, and facility maintenance staff upkeep public areas on the Philly Waterfront such as maintaining eating areas and restrooms and transporting waste, among other important tasks to ensure all guests feel welcome at our parks. This is an entry-level, seasonal position at approximately 40 hours a week with overtime as needed.
DRWC is an inclusionary organization that values and promotes diversity in all aspects of its operations. The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, gender, religion, handicap, or sexual orientation.
Areas of Responsibility
- Empty wastebaskets daily from offices, change house and kitchen/breakroom areas
- Ensure public eating areas are free from trash and waste
- Transport trash and waste to designated disposal areas
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using appropriate cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
- Service, clean and supply restrooms
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment
- Other miscellaneous office/change room cleaning functions as required
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Assist fellow operations staff members with maintenance work when needed
- Keep inventory of cleaning supplies and paper goods.
- Run errands between company locations.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 25 pounds
- Possible supervised exposure to chemicals requiring special clothing or safety equipment
- Ability to use motorized equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend safety material and facility-required documents
- A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, and a drug screen are required
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable, and punctual
- High school diploma or GED required; Criminal Justice background a plus
Fill out the application below to be considered for this position.