Panoramic Views of the River at Washington Avenue Pier
Washington Avenue Pier, formerly named Pier 53, is one of the newest greenspaces that the Delaware River Waterfront Corporation has created on the Central Delaware. The pier park includes:
- Public access to the end of the pier with panoramic views of the river
- Amenities for passive recreation
- Places to touch the water
- Innovative ecological improvements which will provide environmental and habitat benefits
- A public art piece with spiral staircase called "Land Buoy," created by nationally-renowned Philadelphia artist Jody Pinto.