Festival Pier has underegone a makeover for the 2014 Summer Season. The newly revamped Festival Pier now boasts a riverfront beach vibe complete with a boardwalk, a sandy beach, greenery, a lively beer garden, a food experience by Michael Schulson, expanded beverage options, food trucks and more.
Live Nation enlisted the award winning landscape architecture firm Groundswell Design Group (Fringe Arts, Morgan’s Pier, Philadelphia International Flower Show, Waterfront Winterfest) to transform Festival Pier. Featuring an actual boardwalk and sand that sits along the water – Festival Pier offers an incredible beach oasis in the heart of the city.
Renowned chef Michael Schulson (Izakaya, Sampan, Independence Beer Garden) has joined the fray to create over a dozen new menu options for the concert season with Top Chef contestant Chef Travis Masar will be manning the truck!
- May 30, 7pm: Wired 96.5 Presents Wired Fest ft. Calvin Harris, Diplo, Iggy Azalea, Vice (ft. Mike Taylor)
- May 31, Noon: The 7th Annual Roots Picnic ft: The Roots, Snoop Dogg (backed by The Roots), Janelle Monáe, Action Bronson, A$AP Ferg, araabMUZIK, The War On Drugs, Rudimental, Jhené Aiko, Just Blaze, Biz Markie (DJ Set), Bad Rabbits, Electric Wire Hustle, Chill Moody, Emily Wells, Roman GianArthur & more
- June 7, 3:45pm: Radio 104.5 Summer Block Party ft. The Head and the Heart, Kongos, Bear and Alright, Junior
- June 14, 6:30pm: Rebelution with Iration, The Green, Stick Figure & more
- July 12, 7:30pm: The Fray with Barcelona and Oh Honey
- July 18, 6:30pm: O.A.R. and Phillip Phillips
- August 2, 6:30pm: Slightly Stoopid with Stephen Marley and G. Love & Special Sauce
- August 8, 3pm: Mad Decent Block Party ft. Diplo, Chance The Rapper, Dillon Francis, Flosstradamus, DJ Snake, Dirty South Joe, Swizzymack, DJ Sega
- August 9, 7:30pm: Radio 104.5 Presents Panic! At The Disco with Walk the Moon and Magic Man
- September 6, 6:30pm: Bob Weir & RatDog with The Chris Robinson Brotherhood