- Eight studios on the ground floor at 443 square feet = $500 per month
- Six studios on the mezzanine level at 289 square feet each = $400 per month
- Licensing a studio entails additional rights to approximately 2,000 square feet of collaborative workspace within the pier and to preferential access to market and exhibition spaces within the pier.
- All studios are fully conditioned with heat and air conditioning as well as 100 amp single phase service.
- Studios do not have their own plumbing, but there is shared access to a sink in the collaborative work space and access to public restrooms in the pier.
- Studios are unfurnished.
- Studios will be accessible to licensees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and DRWC will provide security on site.
The studios will be managed by DRWC. Once selected, artists will be expected to sign a license agreement with DRWC to secure their space in the pier. The standard term for the agreement will be one year, but DRWC is open to shorter-term licenses for those interested. Please note that should a licensee not be able to provide their own insurance, they may buy into The Cherry Street Pier Artists Group Policy, which will be established by DRWC.
Values-Based Criteria for Selection:
Reflect an Authentic Philadelphia – Licensees should reflect the population of Philadelphia and include traditionally under-represented populations
Provide Diverse Offerings – Licensees should represent a broad range of artistic disciplines (within the constraints of the space) and experience levels
Support Emerging Artists and Entrepreneurs – Licensees should be poised to benefit from being a part of Cherry Street Pier creatively and professionally
Support Learning and Collaboration – Licensees should be willing and eager to be a part of a collaborative, community-focused initiative