The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation (DRWC) is seeking proposals from individuals, artisans, or local businesses to lease space and operate a high-quality and unique retail operation on the boardwalk in Spruce Street Harbor Park (SSHP). The experience or concept offering should reflect the vision and values of Spruce Street Harbor Park.
Although the current container was previously a retail restaurant/food service location, DRWC will consider a wide range of creative responses that enhance and complement the visitor experience at SHHP. This includes merchandise, memorabilia, retail shop, artistic, makers, food, or beverage.
Therefore, RFP submissions should reflect how the vendor will:
- Provide a concept with a distinctive experience that will cater to local residents and visitors.
- Draw new and diverse audiences to the Delaware River Waterfront. Foster collaboration with local artists, local businesses, or local vendors.
- Participate in and help to create an experience that is indicative of the local Philadelphia food, arts, or cultural scene.
- Request Released on April 9, 2021
- Proposals due by April 23, 2021
- Question(s) period ends 7 days after the release of this RFP. Public posting of question(s) asked will be within 2 days.
- Proposal to be selected in early May 2021.
- Program to Commence Summer 2021, as early as Memorial Day Weekend through September 26, 2021
Proposals should be sent to David Moore, Director of Parks and Attractions, Delaware River Waterfront Corporation by April 23, 2021, at 5:00 P.M. EST. Large files can be sent via Dropbox to email@example.com
Download the full RFP below.
RFP: Retail Opportunities at Spruce Street Harbor Park