Join the Parks and Attractions Team!
The Parks and Attractions Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operations of Delaware River Waterfront Corporation (DRWC) Parks and Attractions, including but not limited to the Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest, Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest, Spruce Street Harbor Park, and Cherry Street Pier.
Reporting to the Director of Parks and Attractions, this position will work closely with frontline staff, vendors, funders, and partners in addition to DRWC site operations, marketing, programming, and planning staff to produce great waterfront experiences for visitors year-round.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations for DRWC parks including staffing, vendor and program coordination in compliance with polices and guidelines
- Recruit, train, and supervise park staff
- Inspect the venues on a regular basis to ensure the established quality standards are maintained and/or escalated for repair
- Ensure positive guest experiences by making sure staff deliver unsurpassed customer service in a safe and enjoyable environment that continuously exceeds our guests’ expectations
- Communicate and coordinate with all DRWC departments including the Site Operations, Communications and Programming teams.
- Attend weekly meetings for events and programs in the parks
- Assist in generating financial and maintenance reports
- Collaborate to create innovative plans that drive guests counts, and incremental revenue growth and profitability
- Review accident reports promptly in the event a guest or employee is inured
- Respond to customer feedback and monitor areas needing improvements
- Ensure vendor, and food and beverage quality by enforcing high levels or cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food and beverage products.
- Ensure that proper security procedures and staffing levels are in place to protect employees, guests, and company assets
- Manage point-of-sales (POs), deposits, verify cash, reconcile deposits
- Ensure applicable permits, licenses, and insurance are up to date, including COI’s from tenants
- Develop and improve site and facility rental plans and strategies
- Execute other tasks as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous supervisory experience in events, pop-ups, festivals, and/or entertainment venues
- Proven knowledge and understanding of business management principles
- Exceptional communication, leadership, collaboration, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical capabilities
- Crowd management
- Keen problem-solving skills and ingenuity
- Experience with concessions style food and beverage operations, pop-up experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
Fill out the application below to be considered for this position.