Join the security team!
We're seeking security staff to join our site operations team. Security members are responsible for patroling DRWC buildings and grounds, providing customer service to visitors, and observing and reporting on various site violations. A vital part of the DRWC team and brand ambassadors, the security staff helps ensure the safety of our facilities for all guests and fellow team members. This is an entry-level, seasonal position at approximately 40 hours a week with overtime as needed.
DRWC is an inclusionary organization that values and promotes diversity in all aspects of its operations. The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, gender, religion, handicap, or sexual orientation.
Areas of Responsibility
- Patrols buildings and grounds of the facility; examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure; controls various entry/exit locations throughout controlled areas
- Directs visitors and vendors to appropriate locations
- Warns violators of rule infractions and reports to Security Supervisor and Manager if applicable
- Observes and reports procedural violations and illegal activity to authorities and local law enforcement when necessary
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards and security doors left unlocked
- Responds to any incidents as needed, and follows up with a written report
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and guest or employee injury
- Maintains crowd control of guests during busy periods
- Assists in the protection of Company assets, guests, and associates
- Recovers lost and found items and records in the appropriate book
- Communicates via two-way radio with management and other personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Additional functions may include driving company vehicles, both standard, and automatic transmission, for the purpose of patrolling grounds and regulating vehicle traffic at ground entrances to maintain orderly flow.
- High school diploma or GED required; Criminal Justice background a plus
- Frequently required to stand and walk for the entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Frequent bending, climbing, stooping, lifting, reaching, and pushing
- Visual acuity sufficient to identify potential security violations
- Hearing ability sufficient to respond to the spoken voice and audible alarms
- Manual dexterity sufficient to grasp/handle guest items and various equipment
- Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- Occasionally required to sit for periods of time
- Occasionally required to kneel/crouch when conducting investigations or inspections
- Emotional Control
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to read, speak, and write English well enough to carry out written and oral instructions regarding the proper performance of duties and write routine reports and correspondence
- Surveillance skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or associates
- A criminal background check and a drug screen are required
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable, and punctual
- A valid driver’s license is required
Fill out the application below to be considered for this position.