Delaware River Waterfront Corporation is seeking qualified staff to join our organization. Seasonal opportunities are provided periodically, which may lead to full-time employment. Interested applicants are welcome to apply.
- Patrols buildings and grounds of the facility; examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure; controls various entry/exit locations throughout controlled areas.
- Ability to stand at assigned posts
- Directs visitors and vendors to appropriate locations.
- Warns violators of rule infractions and reports to Security Supervisor and Manager if applicable
- Observes and reports procedural violations and illegal activity to authorities & local law enforcement when necessary.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards and security doors left unlocked.
- Responds to any incidents as needed, and follows up with a written report.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and guest or employee injury.
- Maintains crowd control of guests during busy periods
- Assists in the protection of Company assets, guests and associates
- Recovers lost and found items and records in the appropriate book
- Communicates via two-way radio with management and other personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Drives company vehicles, both standard, and automatic transmission, for the purpose of patrolling grounds
- Regulates vehicle traffic at grounds entrance to maintain orderly flow.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Criminal Justice background a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Emotional Control
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English well enough to carry out written and oral instructions regarding the proper performance of duties and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Surveillance skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or associates
- A criminal background check and a drug screen are required.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable and punctual.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Frequently required to stand and walk for entire length of shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
- Frequent bending, climbing, stooping, lifting, reaching and pushing
- Visual acuity sufficient to identify potential security violations
- Hearing ability sufficient to respond to the spoken voice and audible alarms
- Manual dexterity sufficient to grasp/handle guest items and various equipment
- Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Occasionally required to sit for periods of time
- Occasionally required to kneel/crouch when conducting investigations or inspections
Education Level: GED
Experience: Entry level
Shift: Seasonal 40 hours + overtime as needed.
DRWC is an inclusionary organization that values and promotes diversity in all aspects of its operations. The Delaware River Waterfront Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, gender, religion, handicap, or sexual orientation.