Can I use my IBC discount for a big group/for a discounted party package?
IBC discounts are only eligible for up to 4 guests and cannot be used to discount a party package.
Are gift certificates available?
Yes, gift certificates are for skate admission plus skate rental and can be mailed to your address or purchased on site.
Do I have to buy my tickets in advance?
No need, but it is encouraged in case a session sells out! We have some very lovely people who can sell you tickets when you arrive onsite.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
No outside food or beverage is permitted onsite. We have great menus from Chickie's and Pete's, Garces, Skelly's Amusements, and Franklin Fountain and know you’ll definitely agree!
What size skates do you have?
We have skate sizes from toddler size 8 to men’s size 15. There are double bladed skates for those who need a size smaller than T-8. For the double bladed skates, you will just need to leave a $20 deposit and it will be reimbursed when you return the skates.
Are there different prices for children?
There are no child prices for skating, but any child under the age of 3 gets free skating admission!
What types of IBC cards can be used?
We accept any insurance cards from any of the insurance companies under Independence Blue Cross for the IBC discount. One big family as we like to say!
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest will be lit by 100,000+ lights including over 40,000 lights on the holiday tree alone.
- The unique lighting design, created by DRWC’s in-house team, will use supernova lights to create a dazzling tree and entrance ways, a market light canopy over the firepits, and programmed lights that will wash the rink surface in ever-changing colors.
- The holiday tree will once again be one of the largest live trees in the city. Topping out at 45 feet, this beautiful Douglas fir is being brought to the rink via flatbed trailer from a farm in West Chester and craned into place.
- A 4-zoned sound system in the fire pit area, skate rental, ice skating rink, and the Lodge is specially created for special live music and DJ nights, rentals, announcements, and mood setting atmospheric music. It’s also perfect for all of the wedding proposals that happen throughout the season!
- Inside the Lodge, electric fireplaces have been placed inside mantles salvaged from the Divine Lorraine Hotel – a nod to Philadelphia’s regal architectural history. Digital picture frames on the mantels will feature rotating photos from visitors who tag their photos on social media with #riverrink.
- In response to customer surveys last year, more seating will be added to The Lodge and the space will be reconfigured to accommodate both small and large groups.
- 5 new winter warming cottages individually styled to create little moments for groups of friends or small parties. Each cottage will feature an electric fireplace, chandeliers, rustic furnishings, and heaters.
- The huge #visitphilly rocking chair, one of two that have become iconic to these waterfront parks will have a new coating of paint. The red rocking chair will be the perfect spot for photo ops.
- The kids lodge will feature games like: Ice Balls (a Skee-Ball-like game), Pirates of the Caribbean, Simpsons, Shrek, and Fish Tales pinball machines, Guitar Hero, Ms. Pacman, H2Overdrive, Jurassic Park, Nicktoons Nitro driving game, air hockey, and plenty of small kiddie rides.